Joining our Slack channel to find people
- If you are 3.0, 3.5 or 4.0 player and want to play singles or doubles, join our Slack group to find players.
- We recommend to use the Slack apps for Android and iOS.
- Once you join Slack, there is a Google Doc to put down your level, favorite courts, and time.
- You can contact Tony to help you pair up for singles or doubles or just to rally.
- Please only join the Slack channel if you are serious about playing, we don’t want to just talk about playing tennis, we want to get on the courts and play!
- Or email email@example.com for any questions.
Getting rackets and stringing services
We recommend going to https://amstringing.com/ for all your tennis needs (rackets, stringing lessons)
How to find courts in Kona
- A Google Map of places to play in Kona
- The Royal Kona Resort Tennis Club has a very low key friendly staff. I took coaching lessons with their director of tennis Albert Murata. They have a few social activities as well.
- A list of tennis courts available on the island http://www.tennisinhawaii.com/tenniscourts.htm
Ratings NTRP or UTR
Use this chart as a reference of NTRP or UTR ratings.
Hi, my name is Tony Tam. I am the organizer for 120+ people to play badminton in https://sfbadminton.org. During COVID-19, my badminton partner and I played a lot of tennis and fell in love with the game. It’s very hard to find others to play tennis in San Francisco https://sf-teennis.org and Kona http://konatennis.org who are roughly at the 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 level. Hence this site to connect people to play, without paying any money.